Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Rahman, M.S.; Ahmed, B.; Di, L. (2017). Landslide initiation and runout susceptibility modeling in the context of hill cutting and rapid urbanization: a combined approach of weights of evidence and spatial multi-criteria. Journal of Mountain Science, 14(10): 1919–1937.
- Ahmed, B.; Dewan, A. (2017) Application of Bivariate and Multivariate Statistical Techniques in Landslide Susceptibility Modeling in Chittagong City Corporation, Bangladesh. Remote Sensing. 9(4), 304.
- Ahmed, B. (2015). Landslide Susceptibility Mapping Using Multi-Criteria Evaluation Techniques in Chittagong Metropolitan Area, Bangladesh. Landslides, 12(6), 1077-1095.
- Ahmed, B. (2015). Landslide Susceptibility Modelling Applying User-Defined Weighting and Data-Driven Statistical Techniques in Cox’s Bazar Municipality, Bangladesh. Natural Hazards, 79(3): 1707-1737.
- Kafy, A., Rahman, M.S., & Ferdous, L. (2017). Exploring the association of land cover changes and landslides in the Chittagong hill tracts (CHT): A remote sensing perspective. In proceedings of the International Conference on Disaster Risk Mitigation held in Dhaka, Bangladesh from September 23 – 24, 2017.
- Rahman, M.S.; Ahmed, B.; Huq, F.F.; Rahman, S.; Al-Hussaini, T.M. (2016). Landslide Inventory in an Urban Setting in the Context of Chittagong Metropolitan Area, Bangladesh. Paper Id: 36 (pp. 170-178), 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering 2016 (ICACE 2016), 21 –23 December 2016, Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Ahmed, B.; Forte, R. (2016). Landslide Risk Zoning Applying Kohonen’s Self-Organizing Map Neural Network Technique. Paper presented at the 1st Bangladesh Planning Research Conference (BPRC) held at the Department of Urban & Regional Planning, Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka 1342, Bangladesh; 5-6 February 2016.
- Ahmed, B. (2017). Landslides in Bangladesh & Future Planning. National Press Club, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Ahmed, B.; Rahman, MS. (2016). From Landslide Hazard Assessment to Early Warning System: A Case Study of Chittagong Metropolitan Area, Bangladesh. Presented at the 2nd Annual Gobeshona Conference 2016, Independent University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Ahmed, B. (2015). . Poster presented at the 2015 Unidata Users Workshop, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- Ahmed, B. (2013). Understanding the Issues Involved in Landslide Risk Management in the Hill Tract Districts of Bangladesh. Poster presented at the UK-Japan Symposium on Disasters. Organized by the Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction, University College London (UCL), UK from 21-23 November 2013.
Other Scholarly Publications
- Ahmed, B. (2014). Landslide Hazard Mapping in Chittagong Metropolitan Area Implementing the Analytical Hierarchy Process. Published in the ‘Souvenir of CUET URP DAY 2014‘, Department of Urban and Regional Planning (URP), Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET), Chittagong, Bangladesh; 32-37pp.
- Ahmed, B., Rubel, Y.A. (2013). Understanding the Issues Involved in Urban Landslide Vulnerability in Chittagong Metropolitan Area, Bangladesh. Association of American Geographers (AAG). Washington, DC, USA.
Publications by Other Researchers
- Chisty, K.U. (2014). Landslide in Chittagong City: A Perspective on Hill Cutting. Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planners. 7, 1–17.
- Das, S., & Raja, D. R. (2015). Susceptibility analysis of landslide in Chittagong City Corporation Area, Bangladesh. International Journal of Environment, 4(2), 157-181.
- Mia, M. T., Sultana, N., & Paul, A. (2016). Studies on the Causes, Impacts and Mitigation Strategies of Landslide in Chittagong city, Bangladesh. Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources, 8(2), 1-5.
- Das, S., & Raja, D. R. (2015). Susceptibility Analysis of Landslide in Chittagong City Corporation Area. In 1st International Electronic Conference on Remote Sensing. Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute.
- Rahman, T. (2012). LANDSLIDE RISK REDUCTION OF THE INFORMAL FOOTHILL SETTLEMENTS OF CHITTAGONG CITY THROUGH STRATEGIC DESIGN MEASURE. A Dissertation for the Degree of Master in Disaster Management. BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sarker, A. A., & Rashid, A. M. (2013). Landslide and Flashflood in Bangladesh. In Disaster Risk Reduction Approaches in Bangladesh (pp. 165-189). Springer Japan.
- Islam, M. S., Hussain, M. A., Khan, Y. A., Islam Chowdhury, M. A. I., & Haque, M. B. (2014). Slope Stability Problem in the Chittagong City, Bangladesh. Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 1(30), 13-25.
- Islam, M. S., Hosain, M., Islam, M. S., Ahmed, A. D., Hoque, F., Ul, S., & Karim, M. A. I. (2015). Disaster due to slope failure in the Pahartoli Area of the Chittagong city, Bangladesh. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 6(3), 246-251.
- Hassan, M. M., & Nazem, M. N. I. (2016). Examination of land use/land cover changes, urban growth dynamics, and environmental sustainability in Chittagong city, Bangladesh. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 18(3), 697-716.
- Murshed, M. M. (2013). Cutting of hills and human tragedy: An example of law enforcement loophole in the southeastern region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Geomatics and Geosciences, 4(2), 410.
- Ahammad, R. (2009). Understanding institutional changes for reducing social vulnerability to landslides in Chittagong City, Bangladesh. MSc Dissertation, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Karim, M.F.; Kamal, A.S.M.M.; Hassan, M.Q.; Khadiza, U.; Serajee, F.; Rahman, M.Z.; Siddiqua, S. (2015). Geological Engineering Evaluation of Landslides in the Southeastern Bangladesh. In proceedings of the 2015 GSA Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 1-4 November 2015; Geological Society of America: USA, 2015; Paper No. 237-8.
- Karim, M.F.; Haider, M.J. (1991). EROSIONAL HAZARDS IN CHITTAGONG, BANGLADESH. Regional Training Programme on Erosion and Sedimentation for Asia (RTPESA). Proceedings of RTPESA 5: Workshop on Soil Erosion and Debris Flow Control. VSTC, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 5–8 November 1991.
Rainfall Triggered Landslide Hazard Zonation in Cox’s Bazaar and Teknaf Municipalities as well as Introducing Community‐based Early Warning System for Landslide Hazard Management. (2012). Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme-II (CDMP-II), Ministry of Food and Disaster Management, Disaster Management and Relief Division, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Landslide Hazard Zonation Mapping at Cox’s Bazaar and Teknaf in Bangladesh. (2012). Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme-II (CDMP-II), Ministry of Food and Disaster Management, Disaster Management and Relief Division, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Islam et al. (2017). Utilization of Open Source Spatial Data for Landslide Susceptibility Mapping at Chittagong District of Bangladesh—An Appraisal for Disaster Risk Reduction and Mitigation Approach. International Journal of Geosciences, 8, 577-598.
- Hossain, S.; Khan, S.; Kibria, G. (2017). Sustainable Slope Stabilisation using Recycled Plastic Pins. CRC Press.
- Rasul, G. (2007). Political ecology of the degradation of forest commons in the Chittagong Hill Tracts of Bangladesh. Environmental Conservation 34 (2): 153–163.
Landslide Inventory and Land-use Mapping, DEM Preparation, Precipitation Threshold Value and Establishment of Early Warning Devices. (2012). Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme-II (CDMP-II), Ministry of Food and Disaster Management, Disaster Management and Relief Division, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.